- what do x's mean in real life? Kisses, have your students blow kisses, not to other people, but they can have other meanings.
- replacing x with other symbols such as smiley faces, flowers, etc.
- Factoring is like a party.
- Distributing is saying "hi," to everyone at the party.
- Factoring is pulling people out of a party.
"Two planes are heading toward each other at ..." is this entertaining? No! Especially not for girls. How many of your math questions have: chocolate, puppies, birthday cake, pool parties, hair salons, jewelry, or lemonade? None? I'm guessing at least 50% of your class are girls. Different ways to incorporate more girly ideas in your classroom are: