Education is becoming a place that is everywhere, students need to learn all of the time, not just in the classroom. They need to learn at 10:00 at night as much as 9:00 AM. Education is being streamlined and personalized for each individual, to incorporate all three anytime, anyplace, and personalized learning is a sign of a master teacher.
These pedagogies are called eLearning 3.0 Characteristics
- Distributed Learning
- Better called cloud learning where students have universal access to learning by all through the fact that our learning environments, content, services, and devices are becoming digitally distributed. Cloud learning makes students learning easy for any place, any time learning.
- Enhanced Mobile Technology
- Wireless networks and mobile communications coupled with personal computing devices present a new means for students to access classroom information and communicate with peers and teachers, and for faculty members to alter the concept of the classroom.
- Collaborative Intelligent Filtering
- Intelligent filtering are tools to aid people to cope with information overload by selecting the most valuable and interesting information for each user. Social or collaborative filtering is based on the evaluations of information made by other people. How do students "mine" valuable information for loads of resources?
- 3D Visualization and Interaction
- We want our students to experience the virtual worlds first hand. We want to allow students to move through the world and interact with the environment. To learn and experience new situations.
The educational goal is not to incorporate technology for technology's sake but to create a meaningful learning experience for the student.