For this activity, you will carefully read through a lesson plan. Notice and reflect upon the use of an advance organizer and answer the following questions:
1. Which type of advance organizer was used?
2. How was the organizer used? Was it used to present information or to make connections from previously learned information to new information?
3. Was it used effectively? Did the use of the advance organizer serve a purpose? Why or why not?
4. Reflect upon how you would or would not change this lesson and provide reasoning for your response.
Lesson Design Project
1. Now that you have choosen the topic of your lesson, go ahead and choose which advance organizer would best suit the needs of both your topic and students. Consider how will you present this advance organizer- on a chalkboard, overhead projector, or via power point?
2. Design one strong lesson that exemplifies the appropriate and effective use of an advance organizer.