Online Gaming Center

The online gaming center/station is one of my favorites as well as my students.  Students get to practice their problem solving as well as simple concepts that some students may be struggling with.  I set up a leaderboard to tell students how well they are doing on the online gaming portion, students who practice and get higher scores normally do practice outside of the classroom to get a better score inside the classroom.

These games get students excited to come to math and keep them engaged as they practice their math techniques.  Here are a few of the games that my students play in the classroom.

XY Flyer
XYFlyer is a game where you have to plot a course for your airplane to fly through the rings.  You advance to different levels and progresses the same way a curriculum would progress.  If you email the creator of the game in your class, they have the ability to create a page dedicated to your class that will allow you to track the progress of your students.  You can watch the demo video to get an idea of how to play the game and how it can be used in your classroom.

Check it out here: XYflyer

Here are some games that your students can play:

Alien Angles (Geometry)

XDetectives (Algebra)

Party Designer (Area and Perimeter)

Save the Zogs (Linear Equations)


Swimming Otters (Algebra)

Otter Rush (Exponents)


Check out more math games here: More Math Games


3 comments:

  1. For the first time hearing something like this and I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you both like it, this is something that I am passionate about and I am trying to get more computers to implement something like this more full time in my math classroom.

      Delete